




Of course, who can keep their spirits down once they get to hear the long-listed Diwali releases? Of course, being a film buff, I have got my adrenaline shot to the extreme and already I’m there on counting down for Diwali.
Well, I am not just a film buff, but a film critic too… So, you should have understood my situation while watching a flick. Perhaps, this would be the one fine rigid reason I can say about watching each good films couple of times.
Not sure, how many flicks I can watch it on first day of Diwali? Fine! Let me present you with a glimpse over the films that are gonna hit the screens on the occasion of Diwali..
Ajith’s Aegan and Surya’s Vaaranam Aayiram needn’t be given any special notes. Everyone knows about it… But what I felt after watching the trailers of both these films were something peculiar.
Shah Rukh Khan is a kind of guy who churns out the best performance at an ease and I felt Ajith doesn’t get along the same lines. If you don’t agree with me, go on… make a comparison between Shah Rukh’s Don and Ajith’s Billa… King Khan does the bumping off of his enemies with an easy geture while Ajith seems to be stressing a lot over there in those sequences.
Main Hoon Naa is my favorite movie and I am sure you people should have really watched it at least twice. Yup! Satellite channels keep telecasting it over and over; say around 3 times a month. Pretending him to be a student, Shah Rukh gets into college and does the best entertaining parts for all. I am not much sure, how long would Ajith stride on with these aspects.
Let’s not go more on it…. Vaaranam Aayiram, Gowtham happens to say it’s his real life inspiration. Perhaps, the entire portion seems to have been grabbed from Tom Hank’s Forrest Gump. Surya seen in the same hair styles of Tom Hanks and I don’t want to move further more into comparing it again. Watch the trailers of both the flicks and you’ll know it.
I am sure; one best auteur who has the ability of winning race amongst various biggies is Director Hari. Brimmed up with lots of expectations, I am hoping for a good strike from him for ‘Seval’ starring Bharath in lead role.
And again, Diwali this year for Kollywood seems to be Shah Rukh’s day. We have one more remake of his yesteryear blockbuster ‘Yes Boss’. Over here, I am sure Madhavan is a guy who keeps imitating Shah Rukh Khan in all aspects and probably this could have been the reason for King Khan himself roping him in for playing his brother’s role in ‘My Name is Khan’ directed by Karan Johar.
The other releases of medium and low budget genres are Prakash Raj’s ‘Abhiyum Naanum’, SJ Suryah’s ‘Newtonin Moondram Veedhi’, Srikanth’s ‘Poo’ and couple of low budget films are slated to hit the screens on the same occasion…
I am not such an expert in analyzing flicks as Bill Gibron of Filmcritic.com, but being a film buff like you, I feel I have inherited something more on the parts of analyzing positive and negative traits…
According to my expectations, I feel these are the films that would hold positions in box office.
1. 1. Aegan
2. 2. Vaaranam Aayiram
3. 3. Seval
4. 4. Guru En Aalu
5. 5. Abhiyum Naanum
Perhaps, on the levels of star-values, Ajith and Surya would top the chart. When it comes to family entertainer, Seval is the best one and Guru En Aalu is for young lad and missies. Abhiyum Naanum may tread in a different path eyeing for awards….
3 comments:
Hey! The article sounds good. I am staying in Bangalore and I don't think I will be able to watch all the films. So kindly, keep your blog updated with the reviews of all the movies.
Your comments about comparing SRK and Ajith in their respective roles as Don is quite off the mark. I thought (and so did many others) that Ajith was better in the role than SRK. Ajith had the presence of a Don -- he looked menacing and ruthless without having to say much. SRK's Don came across as the office boy who was doing the job for a bigger boss. And SRK looked so gay in the movie! Especially in that movie's version of My Name is Billa song where he comes in a black velvet coat -- I screamed in shock when I saw it...he looked like a pansy boy. I am beginning to wonder whether you and I saw the same version of the SRK Don...
In short Ajith as Don was charismatic while SRK was shudder, shudder....
Hi Meneka... it was a good comment
But I am wondering you saw both the versions of Don.
Watch Billa,, The song where Namitha dances in the second half... Ajith keeps turning and gives pose for camera...
It doesn't mean that Dons and mafias always keep their faces serious... Shah Rukh does funny things whenever needed in the film and during serious sequences, he does the best
Ajith is good... But he is not up to the mark of Shah Rukh..
And I am very sure, Main Hoon Naa.. Shah Rukh rocked and Ajith may not carry the same best credits...
Post a Comment